All of our first nine sessions of architecture walking tours were sold out. Please visit www.archiwalks.com or select one of these upcoming tours (held as part of Archifest 2014) that still have spaces: 27 Sep | 28 Sep | 5 Oct | 6 Oct
The "Eat Your Architecture!" ArchiWalk starts off with a hands-on walking tour of the art and architecture of Kampong Glam, a neighbourhood that is steeped in heritage, arts and culture. You'll examine and chat as part of a group of fifteen about the history, stories and techniques behind the art you'll see against the walls. We'll be looking at a mosque and shophouses repurposed as an office, a hotel and an arts centre.
The experience then proceeds with a 3-course dinner at A for Arbite, a bistro that is inspired by Europe but rooted in South East Asia. Using honest ingredients inspired by the walk, Chef Marc Wee will serve up a starter, a main course and a dessert that continues the conversations. Soft drink / iced tea included.
Held in a neighbourhood that is designated for conservation yet the centre of street art in Singapore, rich in religious and cultural heritage but pushing the boundaries in retail and the arts, the "Eat Your Architecture" walk hopes to inspire fresh perspectives and lively dialogue.
What you get for $59 nett:
- 75 minute guided walking tour on art and architecture in Kampong Glam
- 3-course meal specially conceptualised by Chef Marc Wee of A for Arbite for this evening
- Unique experience with friends new and old
I will be donating all net proceeds
(after covering for the cost of the meal, payment processing fees and operational costs incurred) to Deck.sg
* Only 3 spots are left (as on 2nd September)
* Please note that the start time is 630pm on a weekday.
* We'll work with the bistro to try to meet dietary restrictions but if you're unsure, we'd appreciate if you could contact us before you buy a ticket. Click 'contact organiser' on the bottom of the right hand column.
* More detailed instructions will be sent to you 1 day before.
About the walk leader:
Fabian Lua is an enthusiast of architecture, walking and re-discovering Singapore. His experience in understanding architecture range from the formal (taking architecture history classes when he was at UPenn) to the informal (reading books from Basheer and the library). He has led art tours as part of OH! Open House in Tiong Bahru and Marina Bay. Read an interview on I-S magazine.
- You can only buy up to 2 tickets. Come make new friends! Please don't come in a group bigger than 2.
- We've been completely full for all our past sessions.
- If you'd like to come but $ is a barrier, please contact me.